SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Sunday, June 1, 2014

Indigo


A selection of my indigo experiments
On the right is a piece of linen knit with a light indigo dip 
and a squish of terminalia catappa

to the left and centre 
is a wool knit
both cold/solar dyed with the terminalia catappa
the one on the left over dyed with indigo

Up the top is another piece on the linen knit
made into string after 
a good long soak in the indigo

underneath it is a woven square of
nettle fibre
indigo soaked

and last but not least
in the very centre 
3 found fish bones
after an indigo dip

I am loving my
open air 
fructose lime pot.

x te


3 comments:

Jo Murray said...

You're on a roll Trace. I LOVE indigo. Bought some indigo dyed table runners in Vietnam. Apparently they set the dye in baby's urine. They sure ponged like that...not after a was tho'.

Trace Willans said...

I am not setting in urine. I have tried a urine vat and it does stink now i just stick with sugar and lime much friendlier. And if I need more stickability I shall do an after soak in soy.

Velma Bolyard said...

these look divine, trace, you're always up to something so interesting!