SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Monday, May 27, 2013

Study Tea

Dan is currently in his last week of his first semester of his Honours Year at Uni. Consequently a lot of tea is being drunk. I am making the most of this by playing with them all.

This is the bowl I use for dyeing 
with a few small rusty pieces in the bottom

and here are a few taking a bath
I vary the ingredients
sometimes I add a little
from my jars of metho and natural dye pigment

After their bath
thye lie around on water colour paper
to dry

Opened up and tea removed
a rainbow of tea bags

the bonus is the dyed
watercolour paper
which I am making into little books
I think I will also add some
tea bags to the inside

this little tea bag
has been rusted
indigoed
and waxed

inspiration for something larger
I have a few of these frames
they are from bee hives
thrown away at the local tip
I plan an exhibtion of them
in my studio
for the
Coming up at the end of
September

x te

3 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Great idea to place the drying bags on watercolor paper. I have been placing them on paper towels and tossing them. Silly me! What a waste. I will try your method. Thanks.

Jo Murray said...

The whole process is quite contemplative and no doubt very satisfying Trace.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Trace. Lovely results on the dying. And what a great idea with the bee frame. I have tons of them and had never thought of the possibilities!
best, nadia