SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Saturday, January 15, 2011

Missouri Bend Studio

Part of post from one of my favourite blogs to visit. http://missouribendstudio.blogspot.com/
You should really go spend some time there.

You have a duty to perform.


Do anything else, do any number

Of things, occupy your time fully.

And yet if you do not do this task,

All your time will have been wasted.


--Rumi

This quote appeared in the book I'm reading and it really struck me. We each have our life's work....maybe you know what it is, maybe you don't. But if you know, as I do, what I'm called to do, you'd better be about the business of doing it. I've always said that for me, art is a calling, not a career. You can certainly just make it a career, but for me it's a calling, not just a career. I'll leave you with another winter meditation, from a time earlier in the week when I was most definitely in the flow.

No comments: