SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Friday, November 12, 2010

All Packed up

Here is my studio everything cleaned tidied and packed away. Now begins the process of fillinf it with the contents of our flat till finally we are left just with the stuff we are taking with us. And that of course takes much evaluation time. I have assembled everything that I would like to take and already had to thin as of course you just cannot take mountains of stuff on a plane. But I don't really want to buy a whole lot of stuff when I get there that I have here. But I will have to or I won't be doing any art making and well that would not be a good thing. With no TV I expect there to be a lot of making going on.
So currently on the lounge room floor is an assortment of wants which must be wrestled into essentials and packed in the suitcase and then I go stand on the scales, curse and go and try it all again.
Dan assures me I can take my blowtorch as long as it is empty, I am not so sure so as I compromise I will be packing it in his suitcase.

5 comments:

Rowena said...

Hope your flights are smooth, your connections are on time and all is well in the West! Will keep you up to date, and hope I have to go back to the source for more beautiful buttons and brooches! See ya soon Trace xxxxx

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Ah, the fine art of compromise! lol. Hope you enjoy the holiday:)

india flint said...

happy trails then...

Isis said...

yeah put it in his bag! it's so hard packing isn't it, but i'm determined that next os trip i do i'm taking HALF of what i took last time - i learnt that much

Killiecrankie Farm said...

happy journeys te !
hope the packing has ironed itself out - who needs shoes anyway !